South Yorkshire’s premier destination for air travel handling over 1.3 million passengers in 2017. Located only five miles from Doncaster and eighteen miles from Sheffield. DSA has services to destinations around the world and is open 24-7 365 days a year.
DSA boasts being home to one of the longest runways in the UK. And caters for specialist heavy and urgent cargo therefore ideal for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), alongside the adjacent Aero Centre Yorkshire which is ideal for warehousing.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport launched their ambitious Vision and Masterplan outlining the expected growth over the next twenty years.
Vision for a Connected National Economy realises the airport’s potential as a major catalyst for transforming the North of England, creating new employment, housing, tourism and aviation capacity.
- Capacity of 25 million passengers and 250,000 tonnes of cargo per year
- Creation of up to 73,000 new jobs
- £3.2 billion GVA per year by 2048
Single piece of new infrastructure required – rail station connected to the East Coast Mainline for £170 million, could be open in 5 years with passenger numbers to the airport expected to be 11.8 million by 2050.
Masterplan 2018 – 2037
- Airport passenger numbers increases to 4.7 million per year by 2037
- Cargo operation increase to 70,000 tonnes per year by 2037
- Terminal size to double with increased facilities for passengers
- Up to 3000 new homes to be built on site with new retail, hotel and leisure complex
- 5 million sq ft of employment space
- £238 million boost to tourism economy for the region
- £3.7 billion GVA by 2037
The Vision sees the creation of a highly sophisticated Aerotropolis in South Yorkshire with the airport’s 1600-acre site, known as Aero Centre Yorkshire, becoming a central hub. The airport’s Vision Plan can be found here www.flydsa.co.uk/vision