The Global Innovation Cluster (GIC) connects assets across prime capabilities; Advanced Manufacturing, Health and Wellbeing, Energy and Digital such as:
• The Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District (AMID)
• Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
• Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (AWRC)
• Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park
• Medical Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (MAMRC)
• National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering
• Barnsley’s Digital Media Centre
• Doncaster Sheffield Airport
• Advanced Transport and Infrastructure National College
• iPort, Doncaster
• The University of Sheffield Energy Institute, comprising of: Advanced Resource Efficiency Centre (AREC), Centre for Research into Electrical Energy Storage and applications (CREESA), Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (NAMRC), Pilot-scale Advanced C02 Capture Technology (PACT) and Sheffield Siemens Renewable Energy Research Centre.
We are focused on creating conditions for growth, therefore supporting the commercialisation of innovation is our priority. We deliver an intelligence-led approach to scale-up businesses, boost competitiveness of new and existing sectors, widen trade aspirations and develop platforms for innovation districts to flourish.
We want to do business with people, places and companies that share our ambition of lasting, long term and mutually productive relationships.